Current Coronavirus updates (1st December 2020)
New bookings to all destinations are not currently being accepted for travel on or before the 31st March 2021
We want to deliver you the best customer service possible and feel that at this time, the impact and uncertainty caused by the Government's withdrawal of Air Travel Corridors, at extremely short notice, jeopardises our ability to deliver the customer service you deserve.
With this in mind we don't feel it is morally right to accept bookings today, only to potentially need to refund customers tomorrow.
We know that many customers have been unable to take their dream breaks this year and should we see more consistency and positive steps taken to ensure the safe travel of customers, we will update our policy ASAP.
Our mutual customers' wellbeing and safety remains of the utmost importance to us.
We are continuing to monitor the Coronavirus situation within the areas we operate, with the latest updates being provided below:
Force Majeure policy:
We have reviewed all bookings due to depart in the coming weeks and have contacted any members with bookings that fall into the blanket travel restrictions.
Restrictions apply to all departures (Excluding Canary Islands) between 1st December and 26th December 2020:
Clients due to travel between the dates above can avail of the below options:
- Move their holiday to future dates
- Cancel and receive a refund credit note
- Cancel with a refund
We will continue to monitor the updates from the FCO and contact customers affected.
All future departures with Advantage Holidays are deamed as expected to travel, with the exception of those listed above, at this stage. This is being reviewed and monitored on an ongoing basis and we will provide any updates which may affect bookings.
- Normal cancellation policies apply at this time
- Customers looking to change their date of travel can do so with £0 amendment fee's from Advantage Holidays, however any supplier costs incurred as part of the change (airline or ground arrangement) will be advised to you at the time of request / enquiry
- Passengers with registered pre-existing medical conditions will take priority when dealing with requests to change dates or destinations of travel
Balance Collections - Permanently reduced to 42 days prior to departure from 1st October 2020
This applies to both old and new bookings made before and after 1st October 2020
Where refund credit notes have been issued, full pipeline monies must be paid to us and not rejected for payment.
Credit note policy:
Any customers who availed of a credit note can find their terms below and all credit notes issued are now valid for use until 31st March 2021 and remain FULLY PROTECTED:
- Credit notes will be valid for any new booking made up until 31st March 2021
- The credit note bearer will be able to request a cash refund for the full value of this note and this refund will be issued to you by the 31st March 2021, however we request you contact us to a gree a more specific date.
- Credit notes must be used on a booking which has travelled and returned by the 31st September 2021
- Values of the notes raised will be for the full value of the booking as of the date of issue (this allows for inclusion of additional pre-booked items), but will not include the costs of any passengers who had previously cancelled off the booking prior to the credit note being issued.
- In this instance the value of the credit note will be the full booking cost, minus the cost of any cancellation charges for members of the booking
- The credit note can only be used with the original booking travel agent (although can be used with branches within that group), or directly with Advantage Holidays & Cruise should the agent be unable to fulfil its obligation of this note
- We recommend that ALL passengers contact their personal insurance providers to understand their levels of cover and the options available to them under their policy, ensuring pre-existing medical conditions were disclosed at the time of taking out their policy