Current Coronavirus updates (29th May 2020)
Coronavirus Updates from Advantage Holidays (updated 29th May 2020)
Our mutual customers' wellbeing and safety is of utmost importance to us.
We are continuing to monitor the Coronavirus situation within the areas we operate, with the latest updates being provided below:
Force Majeure - bookings due to travel up to 07th June 2020:
NB: A majority of flight seats which customers have purchased through Advantage Holidays are supplied by easyJet who, earlier this month announced a grounding of their aircraft. This is proving to be challenging as we are finding that they are only dealing with flights due to depart in the next 6 to 7 days. This is most likely due to the volume of flights being cancelled by the airline, therefore we are performing daily checks to understand what bookings and flights are being cancelled.
Based on the most recent information available, we are revising our current cancellation policy
As of the 31st May 2020, we will be cancelling bookings up to and including the 07th June 2020. This cancellation policy will be reviewed and updated week commencing 01st June 2020.
The current options are:
1) Credit notes - full terms of the credit notes can be found just below
2) Date changes on the existing booking, with £0 admin fees from Advantage Holidays, only additional costs to make the change will be passed on
We are working with suppliers to obtain refunds on all elements and will convert refund credit notes to refunds as soon as possible, for those customers who do not wish to avail of credit notes. Please bear with us whilst we work on this.
Cancellations and amendments to bookings beyond the force majeure period:
All future departures with Advantage Holidays, beyond the current force majeure period are under review, however are deamed as expected to travel. This is being reviewed during monitored on an ongoing basis and once we have any updates we will advise you.
At present the options available are below:
- Normal cancellation policies apply at this time
- Customers looking to change their date of travel can do so with £0 amendment fee's from Advantage Holidays, however any supplier costs incurred as part of the change (airline or ground arrangement) will be advised to you at the time of request / enquiry
- Passengers with registered pre-existing medical conditions will take priority when dealing with requests to change dates or destinations of travel
Credit note policy:
In light of the COVID-19 situation, we are supporting all customers by enabling date changes and credit note options. The terms are featured here:
- Credit notes will be valid for any new booking made up until 31st March 2021
- The credit note bearer will be able to request a cash refund for the full value of this note and this refund will be issued to you by the 31st March 2021, however we request you contact us to a gree a more specific date.
- Credit notes must be used on a booking which has travelled and returned by the 31st September 2021
- Values of the notes raised will be for the full value of the booking as of the date of issue (this allows for inclusion of additional pre-booked items), but will not include the costs of any passengers who had previously cancelled off the booking prior to the credit note being issued.
- In this instance the value of the credit note will be the full booking cost, minus the cost of any cancellation charges for members of the booking
- The credit note can only be used with the original booking travel agent (although can be used with branches within that group), or directly with Advantage Holidays & Cruise should the agent be unable to fulfil its obligation of this note
Balance Collections reduced to 28 days:
Any booking which is due to depart on or before 31st July 2020 will have it’s balance collection reduced to 28 days prior to departure*.
Please contact us for August departures
This will allow your customers more time to follow the latest Coronavirus information and is designed to help ease uncertainty when paying balances for bookings, at a time when customers are anxious about paying for their travel arrangements.
We will continue to monitor and update this change to balance collections as new information is available to us.
- - We recommend that ALL passengers contact their personal incurance providers to understand their levels of cover and the options available to them under their policy, ensuring pre-existing medical conditions were disclosed at the time of taking out their policy